Guidelines for Paper Submission
Formatting and Templates
All papers must be formatted according to the IEEE RAS template (letter size paper). Templates and other supporting files can be downloaded using the following links:
Detailed instructions and support for the templates are provided under the links.
Use these templates to prepare the initial papers and final papers.
Steps of Final Paper Submission
Final versions of accepted papers are required to pass the compatibility test in IEEE PDF eXpress. It will allow you to convert your MS Word™, LaTeX™, or range of other source files into IEEE Xplore® compatible files. You must use PDF eXpress to check your own PDF files for compatibility. Please follow the following steps to make sure your file is compliant with IEEE Xplore®:
- Go to the IEEE PDF eXpress website at https://ieee-pdf-express.org/
- Click on ‘Create Account’ to create your own IEEE PDF eXpress account for MFI 2021 using Conference ID: 52462X. If you have used IEEE PDF eXpress before, the system will recognize you as an existing user, but you still need to set up your account for MFI 2021.
- Upload source file(s) for conversion and/or PDF(s) for checking. The site contains extensive instructions, resources, helpful hints, and access to technical support.
- Proofread the generated PDF file thoroughly. There could be missing symbols, equations, graphs, and also reported errors. Please update the source file and repeat the conversion again. If the problem persists, please use the online help provided on the IEEE PDF eXpress site.
Registration and Submission Procedure
Step 1: Choose Format of Presentation
We offer the following modes for your presentation:
1. oral presentation with slides (15 minutes talk plus 5 minutes discussion)
2. interactive presentation at a poster session
The review process for both modes of presentation is identical, and papers of both categories will be published on IEEExplore. You can specify your preference in the submission system.
As we are already assembling the program, please register your presentation preference as soon as possible. Please note that the Program Chairs may have to override your given presentation preference in order to optimize the program schedule, and you will be informed as soon as possible if this happens. You have to print and bring the posters for the poster sessions yourself. A0 posters fit both horizontally and vertically on the walls provided.
Step 2: Register for the Conference
Registration for the MFI 2021 Conference has to be completed before submitting the final paper. A registration page will be provided soon.
Step 3: Submit your Final Paper
The submission for the final paper will be opened after the acceptance notifications have been sent.
Submission of Special Session Proposals
A proposal can be submitted in plain text or PDF, by email to the special session chairs firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission of Tutorial and Workshop Proposals
Tutorials should cover a single topic in detail and should present the state of the art about a frontier topic, enabling attendees to fully appreciate the current issues, main schools of thought, and possible application areas. Workshops will complement the main MFI 2021 conference by facilitating in-depth discussions illuminating a specific topic of interest from different viewpoints. Tutorial and Workshop proposals should include the information stated here: Call for Tutorials and Workshops.
A proposal can be submitted in plain text or PDF, by email to the tutorial and workshop chairs email@example.com with the subject: ‘MFI 2021 Tutorial Proposal’ or ‘MFI 2021 Workshop Proposal’.